PLEASE NOTE THIS PRODUCT HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED AND IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE
The Hondata Strain Guage is a gearshift mounted strain guage sensor and remote strain guage amplifier, which signals the ECU to cut the engine when the gear lever is moved. This enables very quick no lift shifts with dog engagement transmissions.
The Strain Guage works by using a strain elements in the gear shift knob to measure the force on the knob, via accurately measuring the strain on an aluminium insert between the gear lever and gear knob.
The aluminium insert has to bonded Omega strain gages which change electrical resistance very slightly when force is applied to the shift knob. Due to magic the very slight difference in resistence gets coverted by the Strain Amplifier to a voltage which can be used by the ECU to determine when you are applying force to the gear knob to start to shift the gears.
The Strain Amplifier also has a off/on output so that the ECU does not need to compare the voltage with pre-set parameters in order to determine if a gear shift is taking place. The Strain Amplifier has two adjustment screws, of for forward force and one for rearward force, so that the shift force can be adjusted quickly with reprogramming the ECU.
- Adjustable cut theshold for both forward and backward gear lever movement
- Simple "no laptop" field adjustment with a screwdriver
- Analog (voltage) output proportional to gear level force
- Trigger output for ECU engine cut
- Precision internal amplifier for accurate force determination
- High quality Omega linear strain gages
- Temperature compensation for consistent operation
- Made in the USA
This product is not recommended for us with synchromesh transmissions
To learn more about Hondata, please see this link
All fitment information is only a guide, exact fitment may differ. If in doubt please email us.