Traction Control for your Hondata s300, KPro or FlashPro. Hondata Traction Control works by monitoring the ABS wheel speed sensors and reducing engine output when excessive wheel-spin is detected. A dash mountable switch allows the selection of different target slip rates, and software allows the system to be tuned for your specific vehicle setup. More details will be available shortly.
ECU / EMS Coverage:
- S300 (versions I and II) - All ECUs / Models
- KPro (versions I, II and III) - PRB & PRA ECUs including 2000-2005 S2000
- FlashPro - European Civic Type R FN2 2007 to 2011, S2000 years 2006 onwards drive-by-wire models
- Fully programmable module with wheel speed sensor inputs and adjustable output to ECU.
- Works with inductive, active and hall effect sensors.
- On the fly adjustable target wheel slip.
- Live data monitoring.
- Twenty seconds of high resolution on board datalogging memory for setup and diagnostics.
- Wheel speed sensor error logging.
- Settings for target slip while cornering.
- PID control of output.
- Owner registration and password protection for security.
- Serial and CAN outputs for future expansion.
For more information and a video of CPL Racing's test of the Hondata traction control system please see our "News" section.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How does it work?
Simply put, the Traction Control commands the ECU to reduce power when the driven wheels are going faster than the un-driven wheels. On-the-fly adjustment of the target slip rate can be performed using a dash mounted switch.
Will this work on my vehicle?
If you have ABS, then the ABS sensors can be utilized. If your vehicle does not have ABS but is a model which supports ABS, then only the wheel speed sensors need to be installed. If you don't have ABS and no factory vehicle has wheel speed sensors, then you will need to add your own ABS wheel speed sensors.
Is this only for race cars?
No, it works very well on street cars.
Can you change tire sizes?
Yes, setting up for different sized tires is very easy.
Will this work on both front and rear wheel drive vehicles?
Yes, the principle behind the wheel slip calculation is exactly the same for front and rear wheel drive.
Does the Traction Control affect the ABS operation?
The Traction Control module has high impedance capacitively coupled wheel speed inputs which do not alter the signal to the ABS computer. However, if the ABS error light illuminates, or the ABS operation changes in any way, the vehicle should not be driven until the issue is identified and fixed.
Do I need an ABS computer, or just the wheel speed sensors?
Only the wheel speed sensors.
Do I need four wheel speed sensors?
Traction control will work with just one front and one rear speed sensor, but operation is better with four wheel speed sensors.
Will hall effect sensors work?
Yes, tie the negative side of the wheel speed sensor input to ground.
My car lifts one rear (FWD) / front (RWD) wheel off the ground when cornering. Will the traction control cope with this?
Yes, just set the speed determination method of that axle to 'fastest wheel'.
For more information on Hondata, please see the link below
Category: Engine Management
All fitment information is only a guide, exact fitment may differ. If in doubt please email us.