PLEASE NOTE - This Flashpro will not work unless the ECU is jail-broken
The Hondata Flashpro enables full user tuning and datalogging for the Civic Type R FK8. It includes windows based software called Flashpro Manager which is available to download free of charge from the Hondata website. The Flashpro connects from your laptop USB port to your vehicle's diagnostic port to provide tuning with calibrations along with extensive real time and stored datalogging capabilities.
- Programmable ECU interface
- Connects via OBDII diagnostic port
- USB 2.0 connection
- Works with laptop or desktop
- 20 hours on-board datalogging memory
- Security password
- Flashpro Manager Windows software
- Check and clear diagnostic codes
- Custom laptop guages
- Dual calibration storage - upload from one of two calibrations stored in the Flashpro
- Bluetooth connection for mobile connectivity
The Hondata Flashpro is a hardware and software combination that connects from your laptop's USB port to you Civic's diagnostic port. It enables you to tune your engine computer for:
- Higher octane fuel
- Higher boost levels
The Flashpro Manager software comes with several built in calibrations.
The Flashpro has the best datalogging capability and support in the industry. There is no better way to learn how your engine runs and responds than by connecting a Flashpro and datalogging. It delivers all the features you need, now, fully working and that will grow with you as you upgrade your engine.
Designed, manufactured and assembled in the USA. Extensive testing before shipping and Hondata's stringent quality control ensures the Flashpro's reliability is second to none.
The only definitive way to get the most from any engine modifications you have made (such as air intake systems, exhaust systems, camshafts, supercharger, turbo etc) is to have the electronic control unit (ECU) in your car professionally tuned/mapped on a dyno with a Hondata engine management system.
Hondata systems modify the standard Honda engine computers (ECUs), adding features and expanding the capabilities of the stock ECU. Vehicles with year of manufacture up to and including 2006 models require the ECU to be modified and in most cases hardware is added, for vehicles of years 2007 and onwards tuning takes place via an external programming interface. In all cases Hondata software is utilised in order to change the parameters/settings within the ECU (i.e. to tune the car).
So why use Hondata instead of one of the many standalone systems available on the market? The answer is very simple; nothing will run a Honda engine better than a Honda ECU, and the Hondata systems all leave the Honda ECU completely intact thereby retaining full reliability, full dash functionality etc.
Hondata Flashpro Applications
Honda Civic Type R (FN2) 2007 onwards – European domestic market
Honda Civic Type R (FD2) 2007 onwards - Japanese domestic market
Honda S2000 2006 onwards (drive-by-wire vehicles only) - European domestic market
Hondata S2000 2006 onwards (drive-by-wire vehicles only) - Japanese domestic market
Honda CRZ 2010 onwards – European domestic market
Honda CRZ 2010 onwards – Japanese domestic market
Ariel Atom 3 - fitted with K20Z engine
The Hondata Flashpro allows full reprogramming of the factory Honda engine computer via the vehicles OBD port. No hardware is added to the vehicles ECU; the Flashpro system is simply locked to the vehicles engine computer via a laptop and tuned using the supplied Flashpro Manager software which can be downloaded, free of charge, from Hondata’s website. Here is a link http://hondata.com/downloads.html
Within the Flashpro Manager software a selection of base calibrations can be found, which are suitable as a starting point for tuning most applications.
The FlashPro Manager software's advanced data-logging and live tuning capabilities combined with thoroughly tested base maps, allow the car to be tuned faster and more accurately than any other solution on the market.
• Programmable ECU interface
• Connects via OBDII diagnostic port
• USB 2.0 connection
• Works with laptop or desktop
• No ECU modification necessary
• Live tuning
• 20 hours on board data-logging memory
• Security password
• Flashpro Manager Windows software
• Check and clear diagnostic codes
• Custom laptop guages
• Dual calibration storage - upload from one of two calibrations stored in the FlashPro
• Can be rescaled for larger fuel injectors
• Can support up to 40psi boost pressure
• Launch control
The Flashpro system has full data-logging of all of the car’s sensors. Below are some examples of how the data-logging function can be utilised:
• Evaluating performance
• Monitoring sensors for faults
• Reading diagnostic codes
• Checking operating temperatures
• Monitoring boost pressures
Suitable for all CRZ ECU numbers RTW-E05 through to RTW-E08
1. The Flashpro is NOT an ECU, it is an engine management system that works with your existing Honda ECU
2. The price of the Flashpro does not include dyno tuning, for a tuning price please email us with details of your setup.
3. The S2000 Flashpro will only work on "drive by wire" models of S2000