Hondata Kpro 3
Available now from CPL Racing, is the new improved Hondata KPro 3 system at the existing Kpro price of £575 incl VAT (£479.17 excluding VAT for customers outside the EEC). Hondata have been working hard as usual to bring even more great features and functionality to their already unrivaled KPro engine management system.
K-Pro 3 consists of a hardware modification to certain K-Series ECUs, plus Windows software which allows you to re-program the ECU and datalog sensors. In addition to all the standard features Kpro already had to offer, the new K-Pro 3 has the following enhancements:
- · Twice the on board datalogging memory
Without additional analog inputs the KPro III has twice the data-logging length capability of the previous generation KPro. With analog inputs, the data-logging length is approximately the same as the previous generation.
- · Three times the programming speed
The typical initial upload time has been reduced from over 30 seconds to under 10 seconds. Subsequent uploads are also faster.
- · 8 additional analog inputs for datalogging.
The KPro board has eight 0-5V analog inputs, which can be used for temperature, pressure, wideband, EGT or any other input which provides a 0-5V signal. The analog values are both stored in the KPro and in any datalog made from the KPro, which means that you do not need to change the analog input settings when switching between datalogs from vehicles with different analog inputs.
- · Anti-theft security enhancements
Similar the the FlashPro, password protected owner information can be stored on the KPro. This results in a KPro which has owner identification which cannot be changed if stolen. Additionally, an upload security password can be used, which and renders the KPro unusable if stolen.
- · On board calibration storage
Similar to the FlashPro, the uploaded calibration is now stored on the KPro in a form which allows a quick and accurate download from the KPro.
Examples of items which can be data-logged to the KPro III’s additional analog inputs
- · Oil Pressure
- · Oil Temp
- · Acceleration (G meter)
- · Exhaust gas temperature
- · Wideband Lambda
- · Fuel pressure
- · Air temperature
- · Fuel temperature
- · Transmission oil temperature
- · Air pressure
- · Exhaust back pressure
CPL Racing has a full range of analogue sensors available. If required please email us for prices.
In addition to the new features, the Kpro 3 maintains the below existing features of the previous versions of Kpro:
- Fits inside the ECU
- USB connection for speed and compatibility
- KManagerWindows based software for parameter & table editing, calibration uploading and data-logging.
- Built in calibrations
- Built in data-logging to a laptop
- On board data-logging memory (32 MBit memory, 10-200 minutes data-logging)
- Adjustment for different sized injectors, with overall fuel trim and injector dead time compensation
- Configurable for any MAP sensor (to 5 Bar and above)
- TPS based table lookup for ITBs
- Engine protection from over boost and lean protection.
- Expanded fuel and ignition tables, both in rpm and load, to 60 lbs boost and 11,000 rpm (these are not the upper limits)
- Launch control with anti-lag
- Knock control
- Three multi-purpose outputs for nitrous control or similar
- PWM output for boost control by RPM and gear